Saturday, November 4, 2017

A Week of Trader Joe's Fall Inspired Recipes

It's that time of year again when a chill in the air returns, the days get shorter, the leaves start to change colors and the endless sound of the crunch-crunch-crunch beneath your cutest pair of fall-approved boots is ever-lasting until the first snow fall. 

That also means apples, butternut squash, pomegranates, mushrooms... any food and every food that reminds you of October, November and Thanksgiving is totally appropriate to start cooking with! 

Say goodbye to light summer dinners, and hello to healthy, warm, filling fall dishes. 

I gave my followers a taste of what it would be like to make a meal exclusively from Trader Joe's for one whole week! Here are the results, it turned out pretty exciting. 


Fall Recipe Inspo 1: 



Butternut Squash Macaroni Elbows (yes please!) 
This isn't cheese...it's a take on vegan mac! This literally tastes healthy, but honestly, the good kind of healthy. Full of spices like paprika, dijon, pepper, turmeric, nutmeg... even raw cashews for added texture, this dish proves to be a fall favorite! 

I used a gluten-free noodle and bought pre-cut squash from TJ (Trader Joe's). If you prep this ahead of time, it makes for a great couple of weekday lunches/or weeknight dinners. Plus, it is loaded with vitamins, minerals and fiber!

This recipe was adapted from The Doctors.



Fall Recipe Inspo 2:

Who doesn't love the typical-flavor-fave of Pumpkin Spice?! I can't say I always have, but I am liking the TJ take on it!




 Add this almond-based creamer to your homemade coffee lattes for a festive morning cup or a delicious afternoon pick-me-up. 
(P.s. How cute is this Yates mug?! Sometimes you got to get a souvenir from your local favorite places, you never know when life may take you on a move!) 

Fall Recipe Inspo 3: 

Pomegranate-Vinegar Spinach Salad with Peppers, Red Onion and Blackberries! 






Oil & vinegar is *always* a great option when aiming for healthier salad dressing. I always make sure to use a 100% extra virgin olive oil (some oils are blends of different oils, like soybean/canola, watch out!) when cooking and/or consuming. Trader Joe's has a fabulous Spanish EVOO. 
I also added a small baked yukon gold potato with broccoli just for a little something extra on my plate!

Fall Recipe Inspo 4: 
Pumpkin Shells "Zucchette" Pasta with Nut-Based Sauce!
Think garlic...basil...parsley...








YUM. YUMM. YUMMM. I don't know how many times I can say it, because this is seriously just so, so, so good. And, how cute are the little "pumpkins"?!?!! I used a blend of cashew and macadamia, and oh, it is...like, bliss. Creamy fettuccine sauce that is completely dairy-free and loaded with fiber, healthy fats and minerals. 


There are a handful of nut-based pasta recipes out there to choose from. Pick one that suits you!




Fall Recipe Inspo #5

TJ's White-Bean Chili with CORN BREAD CRISPS!





 We are loving these over here... if you like corn bread, you're bound to like these! Addicting just by themselves! 



Finally, everyone has been raving about Trader Joe's "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning, so I thought to pair it with this bomb avocado toast on organic 7 grain by Ezekiel! (Next to my pitaya dragon fruit bowl with hemp seeds, pepitas and cacao!)





Rudi's Organic English Muffin with Egg (Vegan Egg available!)+ Hot Sauce + EBTB Seasoning 




When you finish envisioning how you will get everything you need to create these delicious fall-inspired Trader Joe's eats, get out there and enjoy the cooler weather! It is my favorite weather to run in. Use it to your advantage to take a jog... perhaps with me, @JoggingwithJewelz! 


For the Fashion Lovers: 
( Girl I got you! ;) )
Workout Jacket: Under Armour 
Running Shoes: Under Armour 
Workout Pants: Lulu's (I also love my 90 Degrees!)
Sweatshirt: Calvin Klein 


 Thanks for Jogging with Me! Until next time. - J

No comments:

Post a Comment