Friday, January 27, 2017

Kid Friendly & Allergy-Free

Kid-friendly means healthy for all. So really, it's adult-friendly too! 




I just made this new recipe off of The Doctor's, it's a vegan mac n' cheese! Soy and dairy free, gluten-free optional. 








Here's what you'll need:

1 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and chopped into cubes
1/2 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
16 oz package of small macaroni noodles
1/4 cup of cooking liquid or nut milk
1/4 cup of cashews, boiled
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp turmeric
1/8 tsp nutmeg 


No-Fredo (Alfredo) with fresh Nuts and Nut-Milk (one of my family's favs!) 


Substitute regular noodles with Zucchini noodles to lessen the calories! If you do this, be sure to add sautéed organic grape or cherry tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil. Absolutely delicious!  









Next recipe, I'll be making it with pea's and bacon bits (or vegan coconut bacon bits!)





I loved making baked potatoes with ranch growing up (the only thing I like ranch on!), but it's taken what feels like a very long time for a soy, dairy and egg free ranch to come out.  


Nevertheless, here it is! "Just Ranch" by Hampton Creek... so good! My mom even likes it, and she doesn't have any food restrictions. 


Mix in fresh and crisp veggies. 


I also used a little bit of nut-based chive "cheese" by Miyako's Kitchen. (Hampton Creek also makes more dressings, as well as 'just mayo').






Feel free to message me with questions, comments or to show me how you make your favorite meals! 


Find more original & decadent recipes @JoggingwithJewelz on IG 


Thanks for "Jogging with Me"! 

No comments:

Post a Comment